IT teams and IT outsourcers keep on adding resources and costs to handle current and future demand from IT. Most of the IT budget goes in keeping the lights on and most of that budget is consumed in IT manpower.
How can IT organizations meet the challenge of delivering value at reduced cost?
How can they improve operational efficiency without compromising service?
And how can they more quickly and smoothly implement new technologies, such as virtualization and cloud computing?
IT organizations recognize the potential to use automation to:
- Improve alignment with the business.
- Generate savings in both service provisioning and service operations.
- Move closer to the ultimate goal of IT automation & IT service excellence.
- Reduction of risk.
Repeatable activities of operational tasks, such as patch management, release and change execution, application deployment and service fulfillment, to achieve cost savings and efficiency improvements can be
- Free IT staff for strategic projects by streamlining complex operations.
- Improve efficiency, visibility and control through process standardization.
- The increasing pace of business is creating high demand for IT efficiency and speed.
- IT directly affects your ability to respond correctly and quickly to new opportunities.
- Slow IT = Slow Business.
- Manual errors are eliminated.
- Reduced downtime risks as well as adhering to compliance by automating tasks linked to compliance checks.
Vyom Labs offers Enterprise Service Desk, Data Center managed services and managed automation services in opex model based on the solution it has built called Vyom AutomationEdge.
In the next few blogs we will talk on how automation can help in each of the areas – cost, speed and risk.