AutomationEdge, Cherwell form technical alliance to enable codeless IT Process Automation
AutomationEdge now available on Cherwell’s mApp Exchange to automate repetitive IT tickets
Houston, TX, 23 May 2018 – AutomationEdge, the leader in IT Process Automation and Robotic Process Automation (RPA), today announced the integration of its IT Process Automation platform AutomationEdge with a global leader in enterprise service management solutions, Cherwell Software. The integration, available to Cherwell® Service Management (CSM) users via the Cherwell mApp Exchange, extends ITSM capabilities without adding to the management workload.
AutomationEdge for Cherwell gives IT support managers’ wizard-based, out-of-the-box methods for quickly setting up service desk automation that ultimately reduce the number of tickets that human IT staff needs to resolve.
Through service desk automation using AutomationEdge, a company can automate repetitive and routine IT tasks to reduce downtime and improve incident response and resolution. Few sample scenarios are as below:
- Employee Onboarding and Off-boarding: Creation/deletion of Domain User and Email box, add/modify distribution list etc.
- Access management: Access to a shared folder, printers, database, software like HRMS, SVN, Salesforce etc.
- Incident Resolution: Server restart, service restart, disk clean-up, password reset, unlock user account etc.
- Periodic backup of the database server, file server etc.
- Remedial actions for the events received from event monitoring tools