This article contains an excerpt from the webinar that was presented by Sherman L Antonio from FirstData Corp and Uday Birajdar from AutomationEdge. It emphasized the requirement of automation across small and large enterprises. They also presented how to do Statement of Account Automation. Described how AutomationEdge is a single platform for enterprise-wide automation as AutomationEdge has Business process automation and IT process automation capabilities. Also, it can perform ETL automation and OCR automation. There is no separate tool is required for intelligent automation as well.
There is a lot of confusion regarding the technologies involved in automation and this piece of article will illustrate all the important aspects that are related to automation.
Many businesses were caught off guard by swiftly changing regulations that came along with the Covid-19.
For some CIO’s and IT leaders, it was akin to setting up a virtual workforce practically overnight. But some are still struggling with how to tackle the day-to-day tasks without putting the employee’s life at risk.
Above all, the digital workplace is a vital solution in the Covid-19 situation and it is also considered as a natural evolution of the workforce that is comprised of your employees’ technology working environment.
If any organization is not leveraging the full use of the digital workplace, is lagging in many ways.
The businesses that are already embedded with the digital workplace, benefits their employees in a numerous way.
Such as messaging, communication, business collaboration, mobility, productivity crowd sourcing, business applications, and connectivity.
But long before the Covid-19, CIO’s and IT leaders were beginning to turn their interest towards a sprawling service catalog with a seamless service experience across devices, locations, and different modes of communication.
With the evolution of the workforce, there is an urgent need for an automated service that is responsive, intelligent and personalized, Self Service and user-centric.
By enabling automation, businesses can speed up the workflows, decrease manual tasks, improves reliability and accuracy with minimal resources and on-site help.
How To enable automation in digital services?
Automation can be used in many ways not just during the disruption but also as a part of the daily IT operation.
The post-pandemic world is not going back to an early status quo. Moreover that new normal will require as a lifeline for maintaining the business with continuity. Let’s understand how the whole IT service management can be automated by using RPA software.
- Robotic Process Automation(RPA)
RPA is the application of technology that automates the workflow primarily for administrative work. RPA software can help in automating a large volume of digital manual processing work such as front office, middle office, back office, and IT operations. It enables businesses to reduce costs, fast handling time, and higher volume data access at a bolt speed.
- Intelligent Automation
This is another mode of Robotic Process Automation that is generally used for judgment-based processes. It is embedded with machine learning capabilities and interprets human behaviour at ease.
- Cognitive Intelligence
This type of automation RPA augments human intelligence and is used for predicting decisions It is dynamically self-adaptable and easily manageable.
- Artificial Intelligence
With the inclusion of artificial intelligence, the RPA software can acquire human-like thought processing and thinking capabilities. Above all, automation software of this kind rules out the need for a manual working process.
There are many industries which are using RPA that automate the manual business activities –
But before embedding your business with Robot process automation, it is important to understand your goal and critical decision points in RPA.
Understanding RPA limitation and critical decision points
Process automation sounds great, right? It is. The reason is who doesn’t want to process their business with minimal effort and faster work accuracy.
But automation adoption comes with proper planning and organizational analysis. Hence, before adopting RPA in your business it is important to imply strategy before and post-implementation.
The CIO’s and IT leaders must have the answer to some of the questions before the adoption of RPA.
- How is the business process functioning now?
- Could IT services be improved with automation?
- And who will lead with RPA, business, or IT?
- Should you go with a single RPA vendor or multiple vendors?
- Should you first automate the process and then fix the process steps on a need basis?
- How do you going to handle the frequent process and technology changes post the RPA automation?
By keeping these limitations and critical decision points in mind, you can easily add value to your business automation procedure at each step.
Moreover, by adding value-driven RPA automation in your business you can digitally transform your workplace, improve operations, improve processes, and enhance your relationship with customers.
Potential benefits of Robotic Process Automation
RPA can transform the business workflow like never before. But before the implementation of automation in your business, it is important to well verse the employees not just how their job will change but also telling them why these changes are coming. How these changes are going to benefit them and the IT operations in the long run.
Automating the office operations can unlock brand new opportunities for employees and here are few benefits that can be leveraged with the inclusion of automation –
- By processing automation, your employees can focus more on strategic planning and process and automation will handle all the manual and repetitive tasks. According to a survey, the time taken by executing the task with automation is just one-third of the taken by a human.
- With automation handling all your manual tasks and repetitive process like importing and exporting data from one source to another, there will be a very rare chance of manual error. It will increase the work efficiency and accuracy altogether.
- Moreover, automation does not improve your internal process only. But it also improves your relationship with your vendors and customers. For example, good process automation solutions advance your communication about possible shortages and blockages in delivering your services. This would eventually enhance the customer experience and will help you in providing seamless service to your customers.
- Automation is also great for increasing visibility across the whole IT workflow. By moving the whole process into a single platform you can perform a routine check to determine what’s working well and where the work needs improvement. It is particularly important for compliance and regulatory mandate where increased visibility could ensure that proper procedures and functions are followed all the time.
With so many advantages of automation, CIO’s and IT leaders must consider automating the IT service and operation. It is time-saving, improves work efficiency, and brings significant growth into your business. It’s high time to switch on efficient mode of service with high accuracy and efficiency.
Watch our webinar to learn, What kind of automation is suitable for your business, Strategies for taking the first steps with RPA, Avoiding common pitfalls when getting started, How does RPA, AI, ML play different roles – Watch here