With the increasing trend of automation, many businesses and organizations are reluctant to implement this technology.
The power of this word “hyper-automation” is so great that Gartner has named it as one of the top 10 technological trends in 2020.
This article contains the details of a webinar presented by Siva Juturi, EVP sales from AutomationEdge, and Chris Peri, founder & CEO of Granthium Corp.
In this webinar, presenters have demonstrated that integrating Hyperautomation with mainframe service can bring revolutionary growth. They have also discussed the use cases of hyperautomation in mainframe services. Besides, Siva Juturi has also shared the case study of AutomationEdge’s RPA bot and how it helped the organisation to automate their business process and enhance their customer services.
Generally, when we think about automation terms like Robotic Process Automation (RPA) come to our mind.
But with the increasing trends of technology, RPA should not be limited to automate only simple tasks with pre-defined rules and structured data.
This might lead to automation in “silos” and limited to repetitive tasks. Moreover, RPA may provide quick relief as a non-invasive form of integration, but this whole integration is not stable, repetitive, and simple.
According to Gartner report “To scale beyond the initial few low hanging fruits routine processes- cannot be achieved by single tool or with siloed strategies”.
There is a need to bring innovative Hyper-automation solutions to legacy mainframe and distributed platforms.
Because that would enable us to leverage and integrate the current levers of technology and modernize our legacy systems.
But what is hyper automation and how it can be integrated with the mainframe services?
Let’s find out that first.
What is Hyper-automation?
Hyper automation involves the application of advanced technologies like Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, and natural language ability to automate the process.
This whole process starts with RPA at its core and then it extends the automation capability with AI, process mining, data analytics, and other advanced tools.
Moreover, the basic idea is to automate more and more knowledge work and engage everyone in the organization to be part of this transformation.
Unlike regular automation, Hyperautomation combines all automation efforts in a single umbrella.
Siva Juturi from AutomationEdge said, “Hyper-automation is top strategic trends and despite Covid-19 globally automation is still alive and well where customers want to leverage more than human workforce, automation to perform repetitive and standard activities. AutomationEdge is a platform that providing intelligent front end, Intelligent back end, RPA, iPaas, data integration capability, and cognitive service management for IT, HR, and Finance Services”
But above all, it is important to know how and where to hyper automate the business and IT process.
Let’s find out how you can incorporate Hyperautomation in your business and IT process.
How to Hyper automate Business Process?
Hyper-automation comes with a range of benefits if implemented right within your business. Chris Peri from The Granthium Corp said that “With the advancement in technology there is a realization among CIOs and business leaders who have been impacted that we need more automation efforts to support our reliance on resources within our organisation so that impact productivity can be minimized and business continuity could be maintained through an uncertain cycle of pandemic and this is the time for automation”.
Hence, to implement Hyper-automation in business–
- The organization would have to move away from the Stone Age macros and scripts to the modernization of organizational operations by inducting intelligent bots.
- They can automate mainframe testing by leveraging AI/ML to create automated test bots for mainframe applications that will continuously learn business requirements and implement reference test cases for system integration and UAT.
- Also, introduce a combination of rule engine based automated batch monitoring and batch job management bots.
- Businesses can achieve seamless interoperability by leveraging RPA bots to connect legacy and distributed systems such as bots connecting mainframes with distributed environment UX/AI platforms, service desk, CRM platforms, and multi-channel integration at the top and bottom of the funnel
Where to hyper automate the IT process?
There are various instances where hyperautomation can be implemented in IT process. Such as
- Automate DB admin functions ranging from creating schemes to granting privileges
- Automate COBOL code sub-component creation.
- Mainframe data migration- to build a bridge between legacy and new applications and the complete system upgrade on cloud
- Process Mining on mainframes and distributed platform for migration capabilities.
- Develop CI/CD pipeline in and between mainframes and distributed platforms.
- Leverage Digital Operations toolbox with a wide array of technologies beyond RPA such as BPM, workflow engines, and low code application platforms.
Here are the three use cases of hyper-automation in mainframe services-
Here is the phased RPA implementation approach that is implemented by Wipro using AutomationEdge-
- Automated Code Compilation and Code repository Maintenance in Mainframe
Traditionally, in the mainframe, the code compilation is done through tools such as endeavour, change man, and prevalent. These tools can’t process the bulk requests as they have limitations on the number of requests they can process at a time. For a smaller request developer or admin have to manually enter data into each component. It can be troublesome if there is a large number of components compiled and maintained. But the AutomationEdge RPA bot can take input as a list of components and perform all these tasks automatically without any human intervention.
- Automated Mainframe Batch Support Using RPA
In the mainframe, there are large numbers of batch job streams run at any given time. Application teams that monitor these jobs take corrective action and request the operation team to rerun and restart the job manually. But Granthium has introduced a bot developed by AutomationEdge that can take input from service now tickets and emails to perform the task such as add override, rerun, and restart automatically without any human intervention.
- Core banking Process Automation
Traditionally in banking, bank staffs have to manually enter data gathered from multiple sources such as email, online banking, and mobile banking into core banking systems hosted on a mainframe and AS400 legacy system. And manually enter data might be error-prone, time-consuming, and troublesome. But the Core banking supported bot created by Granthium can perform several tasks such as opening a new account, KYC, deposit & withdrawal, customer service provisioning, and many more.
- A leading US based organisation, Borden dairy has large shared service that team of about 100 members. They have mainframe system and were having challenges on order processing volume, productivity, and accuracy. So, by implementing a bot developed by AutomationEdge is taking these orders, opening them as pdf as POs and extracting the data, and sending notification to the customers, and also updating Borden’s internal IBM AS/400 using the AS 400 ready connectors All these bots are running 100% on AWS cloud and it rules out the need of spending a single penny on infrastructure. They were able to save 5 FTE which is 1000 hours of workload. And improve the customer experience.
- In another customer story, the leading insurance company HDFC life has implemented 150 RPA bots. They have USD 2 billion worth of pay out and claims that was automated by AutomationEdge core policy admin application that is deployed on IBM AS/400. With this their pay out processing time reduced to 7 days to 2 days for insurance payment and it enabled them to process 100% volume and accuracy.
AutomationEdge and Granthium are expertise in legacy systems. They enable business leaders to stay focus on their business without worrying about the complexity of hyper-automation implementation. But above all, their team provides exemplary service to maintain and enhance the existing RPA implementation with a cost-effective model.
Watch our webinar to learn how Hyperautomation can deliver transformational growth in your business and IT process with right strategy and process management. And alsoknow about its use cases and case studies. Watch here